"ingenious" - Terry Teachout, Wall Street Journal
"inventive" - Ben Brantley, New York Times
"... one of the best things I've ever seen onstage. Save your Hamilton dollars and go see it." Ira Glass on Sense and Sensibility
My work has been produced off-Broadway, at the Guthrie Theatre, Folger Theatre, and Dallas Theater Center; upcoming productions at Primary Stages (off-Broadway), Oregon Shakespeare Festival, A.R.T., Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival, Austin Playhouse, Arvada Center for the Arts, PlayMakers Rep, and Seattle Rep, amongst others.
To enquire about rights to unpublished plays, please see my CONTACT page to contact my literary agent, Beth Blickers. Sense and Sensibility is a published play and may be licensed through DPS - link here (read regional reviews for S&S here).
Sense and Sensibility
- Winner, Best Unique Theatrical Experience - Off-Broadway Alliance.
- Nominee, Drama League Revival: Best Revival of a Play
- "Top 10 Plays of 2014" - Ben Brantley, NY Times
- 2x NY Times Critic's Pick (2014 and 2016)
- "Top 10 Plays of 2014" - Huffington Post
- TimeOut, WSJ Critic's Pick
- Over 265 performances off-Broadway
- Nominee, 8 Helen Hayes Awards
- Top 10 Plays of 2016 - Washington Post
- Top Theater of 2016 - Forbes
- Best Theater of 2016 - NYPost
- Best Shows of 2016 - amNY
- Best Play of 2016, Minneapolis - BwayWorld
- Premiering off-Broadway at Pearl Theater Company in Spring 2017, director Eric Tucker
- Nominee, Off Broadway Alliance Award for Best Unique Theatrical Experience - 2017
- WSJ Critic's Pick
- Spring "Must-See Shows" - Vulture
- Extended 3 times
Pride and Prejudice
- Premiering at Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival, Summer 2017. Director, Amanda Dehnert.
- Premiering off-Broadway at Primary Stages in Fall 2017.
- Premiering at Seattle Rep in Fall 2017.
In The Mines
Full-length play with traditional folk music. Semi-finalist, Sundance Theater Lab. Selected for Theater Latte Da's Next New Musical Festival, 2016. Available for premiere.
The Little Fellow
- O'Neill Theater Conference Semi-finalist. Available for premiere.
20K Leagues Under the Sea
- Full-length play; in development. Available for premiere.
Currently writing a new musical with the brilliant Carmel Dean...
And co-writing a screenplay with Elizabeth Nichols.
I'm also working on several (still-secret) independent projects... check back in soon.
Select Ten-minute plays include: Sammy and NeeNee Do It All (2013)
- 10 minute play. Finalist, In Process Short Play Contest.
Emma the Red (2012)
- 10 minute play. Finalist, Red Bull Theater New Play Contest.
Shotz (fka Bachelorette) (2012)
- 10 minute play. Selected as ‘Best of Our Bar’, 2012.