Playwright of the Year, 2017 - Wall Street Journal
One of the top 20 most-produced playwrights of 2017-2018; top 10 most-produced plays of 2017-2018
"inventive" - Ben Brantley, New York Times
"ingenious" - Terry Teachout, Wall Street Journal
"... one of the best things I've ever seen onstage. Save your Hamilton dollars and go see it." - Ira Glass
My work has been produced off-Broadway (with Primary Stages, Bedlam, and with the Pearl); at Oregon Shakespeare Festival, A.R.T., the Guthrie, Playmakers Rep, Folger Theatre, Dallas Theater Center, Austin Playhouse, Arvada Center for the Arts, Nashville Rep, PlayMakers Rep, and Seattle Rep.; upcoming productions at Primary Stages (off-Broadway), A.C.T., Pittsburgh Public Theatre, Northlight Theatre, Cygnet Theatre, Jungle Theatre, Kansas City Rep, Dorset Theatre Festival, Actors' Shakespeare Project, Hangar Theater, Syracuse Stage, and Shakespeare Theatre of D.C., amongst others. My plays have been produced throughout the United States and internationally - including productions in Canada, Israel, and Australia.
To inquire about rights to unpublished plays, please see my CONTACT page to contact my literary agent, Beth Blickers. Sense and Sensibility, Vanity Fair, and Pride and Prejudice are published plays and are licensed through DPS - links here; here; and here.
Sense and Sensibility
- Winner, Best Unique Theatrical Experience - Off-Broadway Alliance.
- Nominee, Drama League: Best Revival of a Play
- Top 10 Plays of 2014 - Ben Brantley, NY Times; 2x NY Times Critic's Pick (2014 and 2016)
- Top 10 Plays of 2014 - Huffington Post
- Over 265 performances off-Broadway
- Nominee, 8 Helen Hayes Awards
- Top 10 Plays of 2016 - Washington Post
- Top Theater of 2016 - Forbes, NYPost, amNY
- Nominee for IRNE, Best Visiting Play
- Winner, Best Play of 2016, Minneapolis - BwayWorld
- Premiered off-Broadway at Pearl Theater Company in Spring 2017.
- Nominee, Off Broadway Alliance Award for Best Unique Theatrical Experience - 2017
- WSJ Critic's Pick
- Spring "Must-See Shows" - Vulture
- Extended 3 times
- Upcoming co-pro at Shakespeare Theatre of DC (as part of Michael Kahn's last season) and A.C.T. (as part of Pam MacKinnon's first season)
Pride and Prejudice
- Nominee, Off Broadway Alliance Award - Best Unique Theatrical Experience
- Premiered at Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival, Summer 2017. Director, Amanda Dehnert.
- NYC Premiere off-Broadway at Primary Stages in Fall 2017.
- Extended 3 times.
- West Coast Premiere at Seattle Rep in Fall 2017.
- Regional Premiere at WaterTower theatre, Fall 2017.
- Best Theatre of 2017 - Huffington Post
- WSJ Critic's Pick
In The Mines
Ghost play with traditional folk music. Semi-finalist, Sundance Theater Lab. Selected for Theater Latte Da's Next New Musical Festival, 2016.
Prostitute Play (fka the Little Fellow)
- O'Neill Theater Conference Semi-finalist. Under commission.
Premiering 2018-2019 at theater TBA; NYC premiere at Primary Stages
- Commissioned piece.
- Premiering at Northlight Theatre, October of '18.
Full-length play; in development. Available for premiere.
Currently writing a new musical with the brilliant Carmel Dean...
And co-writing a screenplay with Elizabeth Nichols.
I'm also working on several (still-secret) new projects... check back in soon.
Select Ten-minute plays include: Sammy and NeeNee Do It All (2013)
- 10 minute play. Finalist, In Process Short Play Contest.
Emma the Red (2012)
- 10 minute play. Finalist, Red Bull Theater New Play Contest.
Shotz (fka Bachelorette) (2012)
- 10 minute play. Selected as ‘Best of Our Bar’, 2012.